What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a site or page. When you return to those websites or pages, it recognises these cookies and therefore your browsing experience.
Cookies used on this site are listed in the table below and is up to date as per the 27 April 2012 when an audit was completed. Exotix and its website developers have endeavoured to use only those that allow for the best performance and function of our website www.exotix.co.uk.
Most cookies used on this site do not collect information that identifies you, and collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
Cookies used on the Exotix website
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Lifetime||Type*||Data Cookie Holds||Is it linked to data held elsewhere?|
|__utma||Google Analytics||2 years||TOD||Tracks of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie||n/a|
|__utmb||Google Analytics||30 minutes||TOD||Takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters the site||n/a|
|__utmc||Google Analytics||Browser session||TOD||Takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves the site||n/a|
|__utmz||Google Analytics||6 months||TOD||Keeps track of where the visitor came from||n/a|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Stores server-side, user-specific data||At end of session||SN||Keeps track of user session via session ID||n/a|
|Groups||Stores server-side, user-specific data||At end of session||SN||Keeps track of user session via session ID||n/a|
|exotix_cookie_flag||Website Cookies Acceptance||24 months||SN||This cookie is used to remember if a user has already seen the cookies messages and it therefore does not need to be displayed again||n/a|
SN - Strictly necessary
S - Setting led
TOD - Tracking own domain
T3P - Tracking 3rd party
For more information on Google cookies:
- Page URL is the URL of the page in question
- Cookie name is the name of the cookie which is placed on the client machine
- Purpose is a brief description of the reason for setting the cookie
- Lifetime is the length of time between when the cookies is set and when it expires
- Type is to be selected from the drop down list and is one of the 4 listed (setting led is a similar to a preference)
- Data cookie holds is for providing any further info on the data you are holding, particularly around anything which may be client sensitive
- Linked to other data is to provide any further info on the cookies relationship with any other sites or cookies
The only third party the Exotix site uses or allows to serve cookies is Google Analytics, which merely monitors website traffic and performance.
Can a website user block cookies?
As stated above, cookies are used in the monitoring and to carry out a better performance for the Exotix website. However, if you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions via the Cookie Management page. Please be aware that if you should disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
This page was last updated on 21 June 2012.